Monday, September 11, 2006

More than a month

It's been more than a month since I last wrote in. I've been thinking awhile trying to figure it out. Then I realized that I couldn't figure it out. Or maybe I had an epiphamy. I don't know. At the beginning of August, I made some changes in my life. As my mother announced that we were going on vacation. I saw it as an oportunity to start something new. In finding myself I needed to try other things. I needed to truly take control of my destiny. My life is a car and I need to be the driver. I can stay miserable in Mietta, stay comfortable in my honda or start driving a Rollers-Royce. I'm the driver it's all up to me. So knowing that I was uncomfortable in my current state I knew then that I had to upgrade my life. I quit my job for one that pays better, I worked out a schedule for school that I enjoyed(actually God did it's all good), I took two music courses and one spanish and I took a temporary leave from the church choir. I knew I had to get away I had become to attached and with that came a family, which I am very grateful for, but then again I was spending so much time with them that I lost touch of my reality. I also needed to get my grades and spend time with people my own age. I am blessed. I feel so good about me. My past, my present and my future. I feel so good. I just got a new cell phone and am planning on getting a laptop. For once things are finally starting to go my way. If someone had told me 6 months ago things would go my way I probably would not have believed them. For all of you reading this, I am a witness that a person can have their cake and eat it too, no matter how old you are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, gosh, it seems that I'm the only person who cares enough to trow words on the web. I randomly found you, and your past blogging caught me. Sorry for not checking earlier, but the slow track is counter inducive to quick posts... As a random stranger It's good to know you're doing better, and don't spend your life whining into a blog. I admire your strength, and your faith. I'd like to chat with you more, if that's possible. as you seem to represent a bit of me that has no room to grow where i am at the moment. If you want I can be found at dwynnj_at_gmail.com. I really hope you can find what you need locally. I am willing to be that male friend that exists virtually, who happens to be named Devon.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home