Monday, August 01, 2005

A Letter To My Father...

Dear Father,

You weren't everything that I wanted you to be. You were not like all the other dads my friends bragged about. You did not allow me to be Daddy's little girl, but that's okay I forgive. You did not allow to understand what a father was. You did not show what a husband was supposed to be like. You never showed how a man is supposed to love his wife, but that's okay I forgive you anyways. You continuously lie to me and expect me to continuously receive you with open arms. I just need to let you know that you have hurt me more, than anyone has ever hurted me. Your absence was one thing to deal with, but your return brought more than I ever bore within 18 years of my entire life. You allowed to me grow up without a man's love in my life. I never knew what a man's touch felt like, and I hungered for it for so long. My motivation to succeed in life was formed from hatred that I felt for you at the time. I blamed you for my low self-esteem. I did not, and could not understand what life was all about. My total strength came from a woman who faced death and succeeded to tell the whole world about it. You left my mother stranded with a baby and many debts to pay. You left hungry and at times bruised from the scars you repetitively re-opened. You made my life a living roller coaster. You opened an oportunity for me to live an unhealthy life. You are the root of my unhappiness. I could continue blaming you for my past conduct, but it would be disrespectful. I can not say that I want you in my life. That would be a lie. A long time ago I decided that I would do the same mistakes that my mother once. Well, because, having you in my life would require me to accept all the lies and deception that you offer any woman, and I am not that kind of woman. See father, I grew up and I decided that I create my own destiny. I chose the way I want to be treated by anyone and everyone I meet. I am nobody's doormat, and it doesn't matter the relationship that is there. I do not consider you as my father, you are only the root of my existence, after God of course. My mother had to search for you and you still don't understand what your children really need. I am who I choose to be, and I pick my parents. I have seen a father in action, because of the good people I know, I understand what a father truly does. But that's okay...I pray that you take care of your kids better than you took care of me. I just want to let you know that I don't hate you, and I forgive you.

Sincerely,
Your Daughter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home