Wednesday, February 04, 2009

What Is It?

What is it?
I can`t touch it with my hands,
If I could I`d conserve it
Put it in a box
Hide it in a vault
I can`t drink it
If I could I`d consume it
Or maybe I`d freeze it
Preserve it until I truly need it
It can not be wasted
I can`t wear it
If I could I`d wear it everyday
But then it would get dirty
So I`d have to put it away
Somewhere where I can look at it
Make sure that ìt`d be kept in a safe place

Oh how I wish you knew me
You complain and nag
We can`t talk or discuss
Everything you say must be correct
I miss work
I miss getting out
I can`t get out unless I`m somewhere else
I need to get out
You say that I don`t do the things you say I must do
But I do
You accuse with that authoritative stare
Refusing to accept the truth in my tone
Am I in the wrong?
Maybe I am,
I need to get out
How else will I find my way?

So tell me what makes you a man
IF you leave and return
Does it matter?
If you hurt and come back
Does it matter?
Am I to wait at your expense
Lose my life at your expense
Starve at your expense
Maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home